Okay, I get to the line at around 4 something and meet up with my good friend, Leonard, who I go to the AIW shows with, who also went to the Columbus show the night before. I stand next in line with him (Ain’t going to the back, 😛 ) when we also get the rest of our crew: Kayden, his grandfather John, and Michael. We all stand in line for about 30 minutes and right next to the theater is a cafe. All the while we are waiting in line, juggalos come into the cafe, because apparently there was a Twizted concert with Boondox in the same venue at the same time. So I get cold and go inside with another member of our group, Pat. I get warm, take a snapchat of the Juggalos (rvdinator, if you want to add me 😉 ) and a guy comes up to me, asks if I’m here for the NXT show, and offers free pizza because he ordered 8 SHEETS OF IT! So I sit down with him and his party, talk wrestling and stuff while the Juggalos shuffle in and I had to stop my talking every 5 minutes because another one would come in and the legendary “WOOP WOOP” echoed through the establishment. So it’s almost time to go inside, so I get up, and the guy offers me a sheet of Cheese pizza to take outside and feed it not only to my circle, but other familiar faces such as Justin and Cory, whom I was finally able to meet in person for the first time.
We are finally allowed to go inside, but not before we see the cats behind AIW, John Thorne, The Duke, Chandler Biggins, and Alex Daniels walk in for their advanced tickets because Cory Graves is great friends with them. Should also mention I got general admission. So me and our circle head up to the upper balcony and about an hour or 40 minutes later it starts with Jojo coming out to do the national anthem.
Cory Graves comes out to to welcome us all there as the AIW fans chant “SJK”, a reference to Graves’ Indy time in AIW as Sterling James Keenan to which he responds “I missed you guys too”. He says he has a surprise and it’s………………WILLIAM FREAKING REGAL! He comes out and the crowd goes apeshit because this is a smark ass crowd. We start the “You Still Got It” chant for some reason, which Regal says in his ultra sexy accent “I never lost it, dears”. He gets us pumped as we head to our first match:
1. Tyler Breeze def. Baron Corbin. This crowd is hot, gives Breeze a huge ovation and boo the shit out of Corbin. Really quick match but a great way to start the show. I already have a headache from chanting, cheering, and having a good time. Crowd chants include “Tylers Gorgeous” and others.
2. Buddy Murphy w/h IDEK def. Simon Gotch w/h Aiden English. The match with quite the number of comedy spots. Gotch was over as well and Murphy got some reaction. Roll up by Murphy for the pin as he grabbed the tights and after some post-match shenanigans, Team Dupstep are about to put the boots to Gotch when Enzo and Carmella, who are in the opera balcony where the AIW guys were, interrupt them and do their schtick as Big Cass levels them from behind with a double clothesline and continue the S-A-W-F-T SSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWFFFTTTTTT! Loved every minute of it.
3. Rhyno kills Kalisto. Fun match with Rhyno getting a deafening ovation when he came out. ECW chants followed. Kalisto ate a big ass Gore for the 3.
4. Hideo Itami def. Tyson Kidd. Again, fun match with a fun spot where they traded snapmares and soccer kicks to the back. Itami teased the GTS and won with the knee.
5. Sasha Banks def. Alexa Bliss, Bae-ly, and Charlotte in a damn good match to retain the NXT Diva’s title. Bliss, who was mentioned as being from Ohio, was easily the worst part, but she is getting better. “This is Awesome” chants out the wazoo and a great tower of doom spot. Easily the funnest match on the card, but not the most awesome. That comes from……
6. CESARO VS. FINN BALOR! Balor comes out to a huge ovation, but Cesaro’s music elicited the most deafening response I have heard from a crowd since a 2009 Smackdown had the Undertaker come out. Mainly because I was screaming my bloody head off at the fact that my favorite guy signed to WWE just came out. This was a 4 star match easily as the crowd was torn 100% on who to cheer for. Cesaro wins with an awesome Roll up.
Sami Zayn comes out to Ole Chants and cuts probably the same promo he did in Columbus. Still, great to see Sami.
7. Kevin Owens def. Adrian Neville in a non-title bout. I sang the Mighty Mouse theme at Adrian. Hey, someone had to do it. Main event worthy, but after Balor vs. Cesaro, it seemed like small patatas. Owens wins with the pop up powerbomb.
After the show and I waited for my aunt, I popped into the Boondox concert. He sucked.